Are you worried about the Best dandruff shampoo for men or women and which one you should pick for better results? Then you are in right place.
Well…I am in a party hall and I feel like scratching my scalp, but just think how embarrassing it is for me when I do it in front of the guests. At least once in their lifetime, everyone will face such kind of experience.
Don’t you agree with me guys?
I can feel the pain of managing myself in front of my guests and at that moment I decided that I should figure out some or other way to get rid of this problem.
Note: In this detailed guide article below, We have suggested the best possible dandruff shampoo for men or women and also provided a link for your convenience. Hope you will get rid of dandruff as soon as possible. All the very best 🙂 🙂
Some random questions popped into my mind like why my scalp is feeling dry, flaky, and itchy?
But now I am not going to give any excuses for stepping back and finding the solutions to all the queries I had in my mind.
What is dandruff? How is it caused?
Dandruff is nothing but flakes of skin that appear on the scalp which leads to scalp irritation, itching, and flakiness.
It is commonly seen in both men and women.
One out of five people suffers from dandruff and there are a lot of causes for dandruff formation.
Here are the causes of dandruff formation:
1.Seborrheic Dermatitis: The excessive secretion of oil or sebum on the scalp is called seborrheic dermatitis. It is a chronic form of eczema.
This is mainly caused by people with an oily scalp. A yeast called Malassezia globosa mainly feeds on the oil on the scalp.
2.Contact Dermatitis: It is a skin irritation caused by an allergy that results in an itchy scalp and sometimes painful rash. This is caused by hair care products or dyes prone to allergy.
3.Dry skin: The cold winter air will make your scalp dry and this can also be the main cause of dandruff.
Certain factors also result in dandruff such as:
Shampooing habits: Washing your hair infrequently can be the major factor for causing dandruff. Excessive oil build-up can result in the production of dandruff.
Age: Age of puberty around 20 is the likely age to cause dandruff.
Sex: The excessive production of sebaceous glands when there is an increase in testosterone results in dandruff. The most affected person is men compared with women.
You can know more about dandruff in this video.
Types of dandruff on different types of scalps
▶Dry skin dandruff: This kind of dandruff mainly occurs in winters. It is mainly caused by having a hot water bath making the scalp dry and flaky.
Individuals with dry and curly hair suffer from this condition often.
This condition can be treated by using good moisturizing shampoos and by avoiding coloring, dyes, and perming.
Frequent oil massages help in stimulating blood circulation and nutrition to the scalp.
▶Oil-related dandruff: This condition is commonly seen in people with an oily scalp, excessive sebum oil production results in oil-related dandruff. Stress and anxiety levels can cause high amounts of sebum oil creation.
▶Fungal dandruff: Fungal Malassezia is the fungus, survives on the scalp which feeds on excessive oil on the scalp, which in turn produces oleic acid as a byproduct that impacts the skin cells causing white flakes.
To avoid fungal dandruff one must use antifungal shampoo to get rid of this condition.
▶Disease-related dandruff: Certain skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema stimulate skin cell production which leads to scaly skin on the scalp.
When this scaly skin comes in contact with sebum and dirt it causes dandruff.
Proper doctor consultation is needed to treat such kind of disease-related dandruff.
Ingredients to look for to prevent dandruff.
▶ Ciclopirox: It is the best antifungal agent that helps in stopping the growth of fungus on your scalp.
▶ Coal tar: This ingredient mainly focuses on stopping or reducing the growth of skin scaling and overgrowth of skin cells on the scalp.
▶ Ketoconazole: It is an antifungal agent that helps in stopping and killing the growth of Malassezia fungus which is responsible for dandruff production.
▶ Salicylic acid: It is a beta hydroxy acid that helps in preventing skin cells from sticking together and also in removing the scaly skin.
▶ Salicylic acid and sulfur: Sulfur acts as an excellent agent when it is combined with Salicylic acid which removes skin cell buildup. Sulfur has an antimicrobial property.
▶ Selenium sulfide: The main role of selenium sulfide is to slow down skin cell turnover and scaling and also reduce yeast growth. It is a great antimicrobial agent.
▶ Zinc pyrithione: It is commonly known as ZPT or ZnPT.It heals the scalp by reducing yeast growth, excess oil production, and also an overproduction of skin cells which causes dandruff.
These are all the ingredients you can look for in shampoos to reduce or remove dandruff.
Best dandruff shampoo for men you are not aware of.
There are many anti-dandruff shampoos for men in the market. I have handpicked some of the best anti-dandruff and natural shampoo so that you can have a healthy scalp in the long run.
1. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff shampoo
- Eliminates stubborn dandruff.
- Proven effective.
- Leaves hair soft, clean, and smelling fresh.
- Helps control hair loss from dandruff.
- Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo containing ketoconazole 1% to relieve flaking, scaling, and itching caused by dandruff.
- Salon-tested, this dandruff treatment shampoo is specially formulated to be gentle and is safe enough to be used on color-treated, chemically processed, and gray hair.
- This powerful dandruff control shampoo is made with ketoconazole 1%, an effective ingredient that is proven to help fight dandruff outbreaks.
- The rich, thick lather of this itchy scalp shampoo rinses clean, leaves hair smelling fresh, and helps relieve scalps that are flaky, itchy, and scaling.
- Best shampoo for treating dandruff for men.
- The active ingredient ketoconazole 1% is effective in treating dandruff.
- Calmes scalp removing flakiness and itchiness.
- Results in a refreshing scalp.
2. Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original Formula
- Dermatologist recommended.
- Treating dandruff.
- Healing psoriasis.
- Treating seborrheic dermatitis
- Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic and Anti-Dandruff Shampoo to get long-lasting relief from itching and flaking.
- The original therapeutic formula helps control scalp itching and flaking caused by chronic scalp psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and even common dandruff.
- Contains coal tar extract, which scientific tests have proved continues to work for hours after the shampoo is rinsed off.
- From the #1 dermatologist-recommended brand, this dandruff treatment shampoo helps maintain a healthy scalp and leaves hair clean and manageable.
- Designed for daily use. For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor. Massage shampoo into your scalp, lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for several minutes, and then rinse.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Helps in treating dandruff, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis.
- Contains coal tar as an active ingredient.
- Recommended for daily use.
3.Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength Dandruff and Seborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo
- Fights flakes.
- 1% selenium sulfide.
- Removes the toughest dandruff.
- Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Anti-Dandruff shampoo fights flakes and leaves your scalp clean.
- From the scalp care experts; the makers of America’s #1 dandruff shampoo.
- Multi-symptom relief offers proven protection from flakes, itch, and dryness.
- Removes oil and flakes to relieve dandruff symptoms while cleansing and moisturizing hair.
- Made with 1% selenium sulfide for prescription-strength dandruff relief and protection.
- #1 Dermatologist recommended dandruff brand.
- Contains 1% selenium sulfide to provide effective relief for the toughest dandruff.
- Maximum strength available without a prescription.
- Relieves itchy scalp and removes flakes (associated with dandruff).
Gentle and pH balanced dandruff shampoo that keeps hair clean, manageable, and 100% flake-free (visible flakes; with regular use).
- Contains 1% selenium sulfide.
- Promises to remove stubborn dandruff.
- Removes flakes.
- #1 Dermatologist recommended dandruff brand.
- Not easily available as it will be out of stock.
4. PURA D’OR Biotin Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning
- Nettle Extract: DHT Blockers such as nettle extract helps promote healthier hair.
- Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto reduces hair thinning and promotes thickness.
- He Shou Wu: He Shou Wu improves circulation and health from scalp to tip.
- Red Korean Seaweed: Red Korean Seaweed supports healthy hair growth
- Argan Oil: The superior natural hair moisturizer.
- Black Cumin Seed: Black cumin Seed penetrates deep to keep hair and scalp healthy.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera juice as a water substitute moisturizes hair all day long.
- Tea Tree: Protects hair from itchiness and scalp irritation.
- Biotin: An essential hair nutrient that supports healthy and thicker-looking hair.
- Niacin: Plays an important role in circulating key nutrients to improve hair and scalp health.
- Vitamin E: Locks in moisture from scalp to tip
This product retails at $39.99 for 16 0z for 2 quantities with shampoo and conditioner on amazon.
- Clinically tested effective.
- DHT blocker.
- Reduces hair thinning.
- Removes dandruff.
▶PURA D’OR IS THE LEADER IN HAIR THINNING THERAPY FOR THICKER & FULLER HAIR: PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti Hair-Thinning Shampoo and Biotin Conditioner Combo is proven & tested to reduce hair thinning. It promotes hair strength & thickness with increased volume & reducing breakage. Results may vary.*
▶IMPROVED HAIR APPEARANCE: No more bad hair days due to thinning hair and dry scalp. Our Anti-hair Thinning Shampoo w/ Biotin and 17+ DHT Herbal Blend is here to the rescue. Packed with essential vitamins, our exclusive formula helps hydrate the scalp reducing dryness, brittle strands, and improves hair manageability.
▶PROTECT & STRENGTHEN YOUR HAIR: Our Key Active Ingredients such as Biotin, Argan Oil and 17+ DHT Herbal Proprietary Blend protect your hair from further damage caused by external factors that lead to thinning hair. At the same time, these ingredients strengthen the hair shaft and cleanse the scalp, improving the overall health of your hair.
▶THE ORIGINAL, GOLD STANDARD, UNDISPUTED AND ONLY FORMULA WITH BIOTIN & OVER 17+ DHT HERBAL BLEND: The secret to thicker hair is using a shampoo with gentle ingredients. Our formula is packed with a powerful blend of Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil. PURA D’OR is always vegan, cruelty-free & manufactured in an environmentally responsible way.
▶100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy hair for happy customers. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our hair thickening shampoo, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
How to apply shampoo for best results?
Wet your hair with cold or lukewarm water.
Apply the required amount of shampoo to your hair.
Allow for lather formation on your hair and leave it for 5 minutes, so that ingredients can work on your hair and scalp.
Wash your hair with cold or lukewarm water to remove shampoo from your hair for a healthy scalp.
Conditioner routine after shampooing.
You probably might be wondering about using conditioners as it is necessary for the hair care routine for silky smooth hair.
There are the best anti-dandruff conditioners that make your hair softer, silkier, and dandruff free.
These conditioners usually contain ZPT to penetrate the hair and scalp.
How to apply conditioners to work best?
- Apply the conditioner evenly from the scalp to the ends of the hair.
- Leave the conditioner on for 5 minutes on the hair.
- Use always anti-dandruff conditioners for hairs when you use an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Friends, I hope you find this article useful and I know there are many people like me who at least experienced dandruff and itchy scalp once in their lifetime.
Dealing with scalp problems is so hectic and you will be confused to choose the best product. I would suggest you consult any dermatologist and trichologist if the problem is too severe.
Although, I wish everyone to read this article carefully to address and treat your hair problems properly.
Which dandruff shampoo is best?
You can refer to the above article and can choose any shampoo based on your concerned problem and hair type.
What causes dandruff in men’s hair?
There are major causes for dandruff in men’s hair like excessive testosterone production, stress and anxiety, dry scalp and oily scalp dandruff, fungal dandruff due to the growth of fungus.
What is the best men’s shampoo for dry scalp?
I recommend using Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo for dry scalp.
How can I get rid of dandruff permanently?
Religious use of anti-dandruff shampoo as prescribed by doctors will drastically reduce or remove dandruff.
Is Dandruff a fungus?
There are many types of dandruff and one of the types is fungal dandruff.
How do I stop dandruff?
By following a healthy diet and regular hair care routine religiously can cure or stop your dandruff.
How can I make my hair dandruff free?
By using anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner based on your hair and scalp type.
Which Head and Shoulders is best for dandruff?
Head and shoulders clinical strength is the best shampoo for dandruff.
Do Head and shoulders work for dandruff?
Yes, it’s been used for ages so it can help you in treating dandruff and it is one of the best anti-dandruff shampoo recommended by dermatologists.
Can dandruff cause hair loss?
Yes, dandruff can cause hair loss sometimes but not always.
???? READ ALSO: